Skip to main content

8. Post-production techniques and processes (U3 P5)

Learning Outcome 4 (U3): Be able to carry out post-production techniques and processes for an original media product to a client brief.

Front Cover and Double Page Spread Final:


Front Cover Process:



Double Page Spread Process:



My final change was switching round the title colours so that the long box was in Gold and the small boxes were blue like the front cover. I switched them round initially to see if it would work, but after having the FC and DPS next to each other it didn't look right.

Review:

From "Fader" magazine
I believe that I successfully have created a magazine front cover and double page spread that will attract the audience that I am aiming for. I also feel like I met the brief in creating and developing original content that will attract for the North London region. The front cover is attractive and eye catching and the point of this magazine was to take something that isn't as widely listened to and has a strong stereotype around it and give it the effect of a luxury magazine with an aim to bring more people into the genre. From the feedback the front cover is simple and yet still eye catching. One improvement that could potentially be made is to potentially create a logo which people could easily identify the magazine with. I have taken inspiration from already successful magazines, this is how I know that the front cover will attract people. For example, the simple look, issue number, date and website link look has been taken inspiration from already successful music magazine "fader". The double page spread is also eye catching and I feel like the image and they layout works well together. One improvement that I would hope to develop is that the way the main article is set out could potentially change. This is because on the front cover and the title of the double page spread the Blue boxes are meant to draw your attention to the important words and the fact that the main article is boxed by the colours it may be that there is too much of the same colours. The look of the DPS with the model taking up one whole page was inspiration from a popular music magazine Q. In the popular magazine DPS they use a hole page to showcase Jay-Z. It draws you in and with the right image can be used very effectively. I went for a similar idea for my DPS as I thought it looked very good. 
Jay-Z DPS Q magazine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4. Pitching My Ideas (U21 P4:M3)

My Pitch: U21: Be able to pitch ideas on a proposed media product and respond to questions Unit 3 Final Product - Harrison Leighton from Harrison_01 Notes: Final Presentation: Feedback: The font creates the E at the end of the masthead to look like it is detached from the rest of the masthead. To get around this, on photoshop add the E in a separate text box and move to look like they are part of the same word. The Gold needs to have a shine to it, the Gold disappears into the grey background. Could have a box round it, or could have a shadow round the masthead. Make sure you pass the accessibility test online, so the tone of the colours aren't too similar. Fonts - Quite similar, are they too similar. Potential change of Maximum Impact. Although arial is easy to read, it is very common. From the feedback given from the client, I know that I need to change the colour of my  masthead  and Gold. I can do this by updating the the colours that make...

1. Generating Ideas (P1:U21, M1:U21)

Generating Ideas Learning outcome (U21): Be able to generate ideas for an original media product based on a client brief. For my music magazine it is clear that there are some points that we must follow. These are making sure that our content is original, the magazine must be able to be produced online and in paper form based on the music scene in North London. For the pitch will we have to present and show case an early draft for the first edition of the magazine, show casing a front cover and a double page spread. It would help with the pitch if we are able to show how our ideas have developed and changed as we have moved forward with the project showcasing pictures and written notes as evidence of progression and research around the topic. Requirements: Music magazine specifically for North London (Explicit) Front page and double spread (Explicit) Showcase talent and venue for North London (Implicit) Produce Original content (Explicit) Magazine based on music (Ope...